Can Changing Your Diet Help Sleep Apnea?Dr. Seemab Shaikh
Snoring and sleep apnea have become quite common in recent days. Many around the world suffer from sleep apnea that causes a severe breathing problem while you sleep at night. Sleeping disorder at night due to heavy snoring can cause disturbance in the proper breathing cycle.
Types of sleep apnea
People can suffer from different types of sleep apnea. So, scroll down and get details about the types of sleep apnea.
- CSA or Central Sleep Apnea. However, the occurrence of this type is rare.
- OSA or Obstructive Sleep Apnea. Here the throat muscles get relaxed while you sleep.
- Complex sleep apnea is a combination of both central and OSA.
How can diet help in reducing sleep apnea?
Many enquire about whether sleep apnea can get reduced with the change of diet or not. Well, experts inform the obesity is one of the most significant reasons for sleep apnea. Hence, no doubt diet plays a vital role in getting rid of it. The food that can help peoples to stay away from sleep apnea are as follow.
- It is suggested to take food enriched in melatonin. Melatonin is a natural sleep booster and will help people get sound sleep at night. The foods which are rich in melatonin are grapes, broccoli, corn, cucumbers, and cherries.
- Foods rich in Omega 3 fatty acids are also a great source of melatonin. Taking seafood is the best option to get the necessary omega 3 fatty acids.
Well, apart from those above, let’s look at the foods that should be avoided if individuals suffer from sleep apnea.
- One should avoid taking fatty meats as these are available with harmful saturated fat.
- A dairy product is good for the body to get protein, but you should avoid them if these dairy products contain high fat. One should avoid taking cream, whole milk, heavy cheese, etc.
To get best traetment on Sleep Apena in pune you can contact to Dr. Seemab Shaikh