Everything You Should Know About Earaches

ear pain treatment in Pune

Everything You Should Know About Earaches

Children are more likely to suffer from earaches than adults, although they may occur at any age. It’s more common for an earache to occur in one ear than either, although it may occur in either ear. It might be dull, sharp, or searing, and it can last for a long time or just last for a short time.

In the event of an ear infection, you may have a fever and a brief loss of hearing. Young children who have ear infections are often irritable and fussy. Their ears may be rubbed or tugged at.

Common Causes of Earaches:-

Earaches may be caused by a number of things, including a blocked ear. Earaches may be caused by a variety of conditions, including infection, inflammation, or referred pain. Pain that originates from a location other than the site of illness or injury is referred pain.

The ear, for example, maybe affected by discomfort in the jaw or teeth. Earaches may be caused by:

  • There are many different types of ear infections. Inner, middle, and/or outer ear infections are all possible.
  • An infection may develop if the skin in the ear canal is scraped or inflamed. Using water to wash your ears may result in the growth of germs.

Treatment of Earaches:-

Earaches may be treated with medical attention. An ear infection is treated with either medicine taken orally or eardrops. Sometimes, they’ll recommend both treatments at the same time.

Take the medicine even if your symptoms have gone away. To guarantee a thorough recovery from the illness, it’s essential that you take the whole prescribed dosage.

If your ear discomfort is caused by a buildup of wax, you may be prescribed eardrops that help soften the wax. Ear lavage and suction may also be used by your doctor to remove any excess wax that has built up in your ears.

TMJ, sinus infections, and other causes of earaches will be treated by your doctor to alleviate your discomfort.


If you are looking for treatment for Earaches, get in contact with Dr. Seemab Shaikh in Pune.