Dr. Seemab Shaikh’s- Hearing Aid Centre in Pune
WE CARE FOR YOUR h’EAR’ing
A Hearing Loss in More Noticeable than a Hearing Aid.
Types of Hearing loss:
Conductive Hearing loss:- It occurs when there is problen in conducting sound waves anywhere in Outer ear, Tympanic membrane (Ear drum) or Middale ear ossicles, Eustachian tube.
Sensorineural hearing loss:-This type of loss seen due to inner ear damage, or if there is a problem in nerve pathways from the inner ear to the brain, this is most commonly seen in gediatric populations. Most of the time medicine or surgery can not fix sensorineural hearing loss.
Mixed hearing loss:- it is a combination of conductive and sensorineural hearing loss.
When to visit Audiologist:-
- when a person feels that he/she is hearing less.
- Blocking the sensation in the ears.
- when never you need to strain to listen or then if you have to keep asking the person to repeat the sentences again and again.
- Trauma to the ear/Head
- Ringing sound in the ear.
- Whenever a person has been exposed to a Sudden loud sound.
- When you ask for repetition during the conversation.
- Unable to listen television.
In case of infant/child:-
- No response to the sound
- Cleft lip and palate
- Prasence of high billirubin(Jaundice)
- Delay birthcry (Hypoxia)
- Ear discharge
- No development in speech and language.
- Unclear speech/Inadequate sppech and language.
Audiological Assesment: (Diagnosis of Hearing):-
Audiometry/Puretone Audiometry(PTA):- It is a procedure to measure hearing threshold in terms of quantity and quality which is represented on graphical Audiogram.
To conduct the Audiogram we require sound proof/sound treated room.
Audiogram with Degree of Hearing loss.
Audiometry/Puretone Audiometry(PTA):- It is objective test used to examine middale ear conditiones, Mobility of the ear drum/ossicles, Function of Eustachian tube.It gives idea about line of treatment, Medical vs Non medical treatment(Hearing aid use).
Middale ear anatomy with clearily showing eutachian tube.
Right candidate to use hearing aids/ When to use hearing aid/ What is the right time to start using hearing aid?
Person with mild to profound hearing loss, above 30 db Hearing loss with dificiencie in hearing others conversation.
- Unable to discriminate against similar kinds of words offend.
- Asking for repetition.
- Unable to follow Dialogues/ Need turn up your tv volume.
- Tilting ear towards the source of the sound.
- Even tinnitus patients sometimes can get relief from hearing aids.
- Congenitally deaf child.
- Unable/Non willing patients for surgery.
BTE (Behind The Ear) :
BTE hearing aids are reliable and offer greater fitting flexibility. They fit comfortably behind the ear while amplified sound passes down a tube to a customized earmold which fits in your ear. Because they are larger they can accommodate bigger batteries for longer life and larger amplifiers for maximum amplification.
CIC (Completely In The Canal) :
CIC micro technology allows this type of hearing aid to be worn deep inside the ear canal. They are almost invisible when worn. However, not everyone can wear a CIC.Consult your hearing health care professional to determine if this type of hearing aid is suitable for you.
ITC (In The Canal) :
ITC hearing aids are custom made to fit the size and shape of your ear canal. ITC aids offer variety of amplification solution that would have previously required a larger instrument.
What to expect from hearing aids/Realistic expectation from hearing aids:-
- Successfull hearing aid use requires adjustment periods from 5 weeks to six monthes.
- Do not compare hearing aid users with normal hearing.
- Do not compare a hearing aid users with another hearing aid user.
- Keep posetive attitude and enjoy the sounds you have been missing earlier days without hearing aids.
- Be patient with hearing aid give time to your brain to relearn how to hear again with artificial device.
- Keep using your hearing aids every day as suggested by Qualified Audiologist.
- Do not buy hearing aid from open market/online/ Non Qualified Person.
Types of Hearing devices